Thursday, February 01, 2018

January Cardmaking - decorative paper and 3D embellishments


For our last card I always try to make it the easiest one!!  
For this one I used a decorative paper for the backgrounds - either a full quarter sheet or two coordinating pieces to create the whole.  I added a layered greeting that coordinated and trimmed the ends to four inches.  



The greetings were laser printed and layered onto coordinating cardstock.  At this point on some of them I added texture with my pattern tracing wheel!!  I tied a ribbon using a double knot on the one end that had room.  I glued the greeting to the card over where the papers joined or wherever looked good on the ones that whole backgrounds.  I created small 3D embellishments that were created using punchies or die cuts.  The butterfly is a die cut (QK), the bird is a layered punchie (SU), the left hand one is a silver foil flower die cut treated with alcohol inks with a sequin and brad  (TH) and the last one is layered punchies with a sequin and a brad.  These were added with double sided tape or 3D foam tape.   What a versatile design!  By changing the paper and the greeting you could make a card for any occasion.               Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments