Thursday, February 01, 2018

January Cardmaking - washi tape, embossing and a large greeting

I have been playing with washi tape so created some cards for this class to make use of what I had created!!  You can check out my washi tape experiments here.   It was fun to use double sided tape and tissue paper to make washi tape!!  With a bit more coordinating options after my creative session I chose three short lengths for each of my cards.  I flagged the ends but you can see that others are just ripping them.  I overlapped them just slightly and varied the lengths of them as well.  I created digital focal elements using a digital frame for the Deco Label thinlit set (SU) and filling it with a font greeting and some single elements from image fonts.  After applying the three pieces of washi tape I did some manual embossing around the edges using  the Swiss Dot embossing folder and a hammer.  I coloured my focal element with watercolour.  I mounted the background to a coordinating card, added the focal element using 3D foam tape and to finish off the card added three coordinating sequins using double sided tape.  I really like these cards!!  I created this other one using a fussy cut greeting instead of adding a die cut and adding a watercolour background before putting on the washi tape.  I will be trying some with stamping as well. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments