Sunday, July 15, 2018

Birthday card with a heart, some fun ribbon and a collage image

My sister has a birthday this coming week and being as I saw her this week I gave her her birthday card a few days early!!  I was great to see her and the rest of my sister were there as well at the funeral this week. 
I started with this large red top note die cut which had a heart die cut out of it.  I added a little texture by manually embossing it with a large polka dot embossing folder.  I tied on a black ribbon between the opening and the edge of the top note using knitting ribbon and a double knot.  I went looking in my image stash for something appropriate for mounting behind it and found this collage stamped image that has been there for a long time!!  Perfect and large enough that I could choose what I wanted to show through.  I mounted it with double sided tape behind the opening and trimmed off the sides. I found the vellum greeting in my greeting stash and it was perfect!! I folded the two ends over the edge of the top note and adhered them with double sided tape.  I mounted this large element to the front of a soft blue card onto which I had already adhered a colour printed background (Melstampz) trimmed to fit with an even border all the way around using double sided tape.  It still needed " a bit of something" so I paper piereced all the way around the edge of the heart opening using a push pin.  That was better!!!  Wishing her a great birthday tomorrow!!!!!!!!              Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments