Sunday, July 15, 2018

Tim Holtz wildflower dies and some hand decorated paper for this sympathy card

My uncle passed away last week and the funeral was this week.  I started with the hand decorated background which was created using watercolour and plastic wrap.  The soft colours were just right for this sympathy card.   I ripped the background in two and die cut the top portion using my new TH Wildflower thinlit dies.  I reassembled the pieces on a dark green layer and then mounted the large element to an off white card.  I added a layered greeting.  I used a laser printed greeting from my stash which was created using a font and punched with the Modern Label punch (SU).  I layered two circle punchies to create an accent for it.  I embossed the green one with a flower from an embossing folder (CB) and layered it onto a yellow one before added the printed label punchie which I adhered to my card front using 3D foam tape. 
It was so good to see so many of my cousins which I had not seen in over 20 years at the funeral and it was wonderful celebration of my uncles life.  He will be missed!          Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments