Thursday, September 27, 2018

September cardmaking - Birds, hexagons and birch tree embossing for great birthday cards

 It is time to get back to our regular activities and so I hosted three ladies for card making last night!!  I love creating the kits and having the ladies add their own creativity to end up with cards that are not the same!!
We started with some serendipity hexagons!! The hexagon die (SX) is a new to me die which my sister was liquidating from her extras and I was happy to add to my tools!!  Hexagons have been around for quite a while and they are so fun to create with!!  Everyone took some time last night to play with theirs and they all came up with a layout that they were happy with.  We added a circle greeting that was just the right size as well.  I features stamped words (SU), a flower sequin held in place with a brad.  We just mounted them with foam tape.  You can see that the right hand edge was embossed with a birch tree embossing folder (SU) which works so well with the little birdie die cut.  The little bird die is from Impression Obsession.  I die cut it from coordinating cardstock, watercoloured the wings to coordinate gluing them to the birds and glued the whole element in place using white glue in a fine tip applicator (repurposed paint bottle).  I am happy with both of my cards!!           Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments