Thursday, September 27, 2018

September Cardmaking - quick and easy cards with laser printed digital images, some sponging and embossing


This is a great go to design if you need cards in a hurry!  I print four images in the center of four quarter sheets on a letter sized piece of white cardstock and then trim them apart.  I use the Swirl Frame embossing folder (CB) and emboss around the printed image.  I have hand cut oval stencils which just fit inside of the embossed frame which I use to mask the outside edge while I sponge the inside of the oval.  It is fun to mix colours and create dimension and texture.  I used a torn piece of paper to create the horizon line of trees behind the car.  Once the sponging is done, I trim the outside of the quarter sheet to the edge of the embossing and mount this large element to a coordinating card front. I did add a bit of watercolour to the bouquet and the car to give them a more realistic look.  I did sponge a bit of yellow in the center of the flowers to give some contrast.  I usually leave these without greetings and I continue to find new images which work well with this technique.  The dandelion flowers are from CLKER, the car is from Arthur's Clip art and the little bouquet is from Beary Wishes.  I expect there are other embossed frames I could use to create a similar look but for now this one works really well.  This was our last card last night.  I always try to make it an easy one and this one qualified perfectly!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments