Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Thank you card for a special person!!

We hosted an event in the last few weeks and one person went over and above to help us out and we are ever so grateful!!  So I made this card for her!!
I started with the watercolour background which I made a while back and embossed it with a flourished floral embossing folder (QK).  I added a length of yellow organza ribbon which came off of a roll of felt which I used for a different project - bonus!!  I adhered the ends to the back of the piece and then adhered it to a medium blue card front.  I watercoloured this little laser printed flower image from Melonheadz in coordinating colours and added a bit of glitter using a clear glitter gel pen to the bee wings and the daisies.  I combined yellow and blue cardstock to create a layer for it.  I added the laser printed greeting to the bottom edge using double sided tape.  I used scallop decorative scissors on the bottom of the greeting and pierced each scallop using a push pin.  I adhered this focal element to my card using 3D foam tape and finally tied on a short piece of the same ribbon to the one on the card using a single knot to simulate a bow!!          Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments