Sunday, May 12, 2019

Fashionable Mother's Day card featuring beautiful paper, a punched floral border and a digital greeting

I made this Mother's Day card for my youngest daughter.  She is a seamstress and very much involved in the Slow Movement of making conscious choices when buying clothes.  I thought this paper was most appropriate for her. 
I chose a large envelope and made a navy card to fit inside.  I added the beautiful paper and not wanting to cover up too much of it I simply added a floral punched border where it did not interfere too much with the design and added some yellow dimensional paint to the flower centers.  I added a laser printed greeting (Desert Diva) which I had printed on white cardstock.  I watercoloured it to coordinate with the paper on my card.  I added some faux stitching to it as well to augment the theme.  I applied it to the front of the card using 3D foam tape and I was done!!  Really happy with it!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments