Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day card featuring an embossed frame, a little blue bird and a beribboned greeting

I made this card for my Mom for Mother's Day!  I am again using my stash of large envelopes so I found one that would suit and made a white card to fit.  Blue is her favorite colour so I chose a background paper that featured blue prominently though not boldly and trimmed a piece that would leave a small border all the way around.  I added an embossed frame made from silver cardstock.  I love how well it goes with the paper!!  After adhering it in place I created the little blue bird using the SU bird punch.  I punched the bird and the wing from blue cardstock, added a beak with a black marker and filled it in with yellow gel pen then added a tiny black brad to create its eye.  I embossed the wing and sponged it a bit to highlight the embossing and added to my bird using 3D foam tape.  The branch I found in my stash and watercoloured it green. I used white glue from a fine tip applicator to adhere it into place in the frame and then added my little bird.  I added blue ribbon to my little greeting tag (Desert Diva) which I laser printed, trimmed and sponged with blue.  I adhered it to my card using 3D foam tape.  Pretty happy with how it turned out.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments