Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day card featuring a hand decorated border, a beautiful ribbon and a digital greeting

I made this card for my oldest daughter for Mother's Day.  Using some of her favorite colours I started with an ivory card with a large envelope.  I added a stamped and watercoloured background and then a gold edged coral ribbon.  The border was one I found in my stash which I created a while back for a different project using the clear embossed resist technique but the colours were very appropriate so I used an eyelet border punch on each long side and mounted it over the ribbon.  I die cut a flower in a coordinating cardstock and then added a layer which was die cut from gold metallic cardstock.  Once layered I adhered them over the circle in the border.  I corner punched my laser printed greeting (Desert Diva), punched a hole in the left hand side and sponged it to coordinate with my card, then added a piece of soft vintage seam binding in a wonderful green colour before adhering it to my card using 3D foam tape.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments