Saturday, February 29, 2020

Birthday card from a kit featuring a butterfly kisses image, embossed strip and decorative background paper

For this card I started with a card kit from September's class.  I decided to trim out the circle because it was already folded and used a different image as well to accommodate the trimmed piece.  I trimmed the butterfly kisses (Melonheadz), layered it with aqua and then trimmed the dark purple to size leaving a bit at the bottom which I trimmed with decorative scallop scissors.  I watercoloured the image, added clear glitter to the wings before gluing all the layers together and added dots of clear glitter to the scallops.  I layered a strip of aqua over a strip of orange and then embossed them with a chevron embossing folder.  I adhered my trimmed background to my dark green card front, added the embossed strip and then mounted my layered image over the strip using 3D foam tape.  Really happy with how this one turned out and I will be using that embossing folder again for strips - lots of nice texture and some direction as well. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments