Saturday, February 29, 2020

Sympathy card from a kit featuring a watercoloured floral image, a layered punchie greeting and an embossed circle

I found another few kits when I was cleaning up my desk and because of the pieces I decided to make up the cards because there was not too much flexibility in the pieces without a bit of a redo of most of them.  They are from my September card making class.
To change it up a bit I trimmed the large circle and embossed it with a soft swirl embossing folder.  I adhered the background paper (stamped decorative paper) and the circle to the purple card front.  I trimmed the image into a rectangle and punched the corners using a little corner punch.  I found this fiber in my stash and ran it around the image and tied it off at the top.  I mounted this focal element to my card overlapping the circle using 3D foam tape.  I had punched a scallop oval out of the circle before adhering it to my card.  I used it to layer the font sympathy greeting which I sponged with a bit of green before layering them.  I mounted the greeting with double sided tape on the top portion and 3D foam tape on the bottom.             Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments