Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Cute little quote patches for my grocery shopping bags













I went grocery shopping this morning and decided that the grocery bags should be washed.  They needed it as well.  I have been wanting to add little patches to them since I acquired them second hand and with a bit of time on my hands I decided that today was the day!!! 


 

I ran across some little quote tags from a swap when I was looking for coordinating fabric and I remembered that a while back I had my sister inkjet print some for me onto fusible cotton.  I even remembered where they were so after finding the perfect fabrics for my little tags I got started.  I made them 1.5" x 4", ironed on the trimmed quotes and then folded over a little bit on each side so I could stitch them to the bags.  I stitched them on with white thread which highlights the stitching which I like.  After getting them all stitched on I thought they still needed a bit of something so I added faux stitching with a fine tip Sharpie marker all the way around the quotes.  That was definitely better!!!!!!!!!  I am very happy with my little project and love my embellished bags!!!             Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments