Friday, February 19, 2021

A birthday card featuring a cute camping image (digital), a font greeting and a punchie button


 This card is for my other grandson whose birthday is a few days earlier though they will be celebrating together at home this year due to restrictions.   I created a green card to fit in an envelope from my stash.  I added a green and taupe decorative paper (gift wrap) leaving a small border.  The camping image is one I downloaded from Pixabay and laser printed onto white cardstock.  I trimmed it out with a circle die (Nestibilities - Classic Circles) then watercoloured it lightly - a bit of blue in the sky and green for the trees and hills.  The tent and the fire were already coloured.  I trimmed another circle as mat for my image from a coordinating taupe cardstock, adhered them together and mounted this focal element to the left on my card front.  I trimmed out the font greeting, colourwashed it and added it to the lower edge.  I found a green punched button (Sweetly Scrapped) in my stash which coordinated very nicely.  I added brown thread to it and mounted it between my focal element and my greeting.  
Both of these cards will soon be on their way to arrive in time!!         Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments