Friday, February 19, 2021

All occasion card shaker card with a floral theme in yellow's and gray's

My friend is having surgery next week so I made her this card to cheer her up.  

I started with a large envelope from my stash and created a gray card to fit inside then added a layer of this elegant floral paper. 

After deciding to make it a shaker card I went looking for the packaging from my rolls of double sided tape which I have recently saved for this purpose.  I have four of them.  I took one and trimmed all the way around the central depression which is a trough that the roll of tape sits in when packaged.  I die cut a large label out of textured yellow  cardstock  (Tim Holtz Sizzix. Ornamental) and backed it with a strip of gray cardstock which I embossed with the Cuttle Bug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used my Classic Round Nestibiities to cut an opening that would accommodate the shaker I was creating.  I applied double sided tape on the edges of my plastic shaker piece and adhered it into the opening from the back.  That looked good!!  I decided to back it with a piece of clear plastic which I cut from packaging using a larger round Nestibilities.  I filled the depression with little glass beads and flowers in silver and yellow.  Once I thought I had enough in there I added double sided tape all the way around and attached the large clear plastic circle which nicely sealed all the little fun bits inside.  I decided that I needed to add a flower under the shaker so there would be something interesting to see when the elements were all sitting on the bottom of the shaker.  I die cut, embossed and layered a flower in grays and yellows which I glued to my card front once I had positioned my shaker.  With my flower in place I adhered my shaker element to my card.  I added faux stitching to the yellow layer along with a few rhinestones to finish my card.  

 You can see below the packaging I used to create my shaker and how I cut it.
Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments