Wednesday, November 17, 2021

All occasion cards featuring a butterfly and floral wreath (Melonheadz - digitals) and layered backgrounds

What a cute little butterfly!!  I watercoloured it to coordinate with my soft pastel and glittery background.  After it was dry, I added silver shimmer watercolour all over it to make it sparkle.  My background is adhered to a light pink card and then I added three coordinating paper strips in pink shimmer, green embossed and pearly blue - all with flagged ends.  I ran my pattern tracing wheel over the four sides of my image to add some texture with paper piercing and then mounted it over the strips uisng 3d foam tape.  

For my second card, I started with a white card and trimmed my background paper to leave a small margin.  I bordered a dark pink strip of cardstock with two strips of the same blue and then punched the lower one with a lacy border punch (MS).  I added a length of white lacy ribbon over the dark pink strip before adhering this element to my card front.  I watercoloured the floral wreath to coordinate with my card and added a faux stitched border with a black marker.  I layered on another piece of dark pink cardstock and mounted it to my card with 3D foam tape.    Therese
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments