Tuesday, November 16, 2021

A small pink and green quilt


I made another small quilt (34" x45") last week using a pink, green and yellow panel which used to be a table runner.  I added the four green triangles (used to be placemats) to the odd shaped piece to make it a rectangle.  I found the hydrangea fabric in my stash but did not have quite enough to make a strip on each side to get the length I needed so I added two little pieces of green in the centers which worked quite well.  I used a thin cotton batting and a nice coordinating cotton on the back.  I added quilting lines in the green line and the brown line in the pattern and in the ditch of the center seam.  I found the dark pink in my stash and had enough to make the binding.  I did the one fold binding again but did not get the corners quite right - they are rounded instead of square.  I will have to print the directions and put them in my quilting box.  I added lines of wavy decorative stitching to the binding and the green triangles.  This is my favorite colour combination and I am really happy with how it worked out.  I am enjoying playing with panels and pieces.  I have several others in my future quilting box which will appear as time permits!!
Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments