Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Birthday card with bookmark featuring a stack of cups on a collaged background

A fun card for a friend who is celebrating her birthday right after Christmas.  I usually forget to send a card because with the Christmas rush I am distracted and then after Christmas I have missed it!!  This year I made myself  a note to send her birthday card with my Christmas card  - too easy!! I started with a large brown card and added a colour washed background onto which I collaged all sorts of fun elements - coffee themed vellum, washi tape, and decorative papers.  After I was finished I stamped a collage stamp all over to help unify the look of it.  I adhered this large background to my card and then watercoloured the stack of cups (Beyond the Fringe Crafts) to coordinate with the background and added clear glitter with a gel pen to the steam.  Then I decided to make it into a bookmark so I ran four lines of paper piercing on the four edges using my pattern tracing wheel, layered it onto brown cardstock and added an eyelet and some yarn to finish it off.  I used two very small pieces of double sided foam tape to keep it in place until she removes it.  I am so glad to have a card to send to her this year!!  

Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments