Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Baby quilt in pinks and greens

Another quilt ready to go - a small baby quilt from a panel (34" x 43.5")!!  This one was fun and took a little less time because the center portion is a panel that my daughter gave me a while back.  I trimmed a cotton batting to the size I wanted the quilt and then laid the panel in the center and stitched the panel into place using wavy lines - three vertically and five horizontally.  Next, I trimmed my green and pink plaid backing wide enough to allow it to overlap the batting on the front on both sides all the way to the panel.  I folded over the edges and pinned them over the panel and stitched the seams to secure all the layers together.  Next, I folded the top and bottom into each other so I could finish up the seams from the front and pinned them into place.  I stitched all the way around with a wavy decorative stitch and added some next to the straight seams I used for construction.  That finished the quilt quite nicely and then I added some lines of stitching in the dark pink border on each of the squares on the panel which effectively quilted all the layers together.  Really happy with how it worked out!!      Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments