Thursday, January 27, 2022

Orange and black quilt

I have been working on this quilt (38" x 55") for a few weeks and have finally finished the hand stitching on it.  It is a large cotton panel to which I added a thin cotton batting and a yellow/orange cotton backing.  I put the panel and backing right side together, added the batting and stitched all the way around leaving an opening so I could turn it inside out.  After trimming it and turning it I double stitched the edge with black thread.  I used orange thread to stitch wavy lines between the circles in the center area.  I hand stitched french knots on all the small orange circles in the borders and a wavy line in the black piece I added to the top to cover up some wording.  You can see below some close ups of the hand stitching.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments