Saturday, June 04, 2022

May Card Club - kraft corrugated paper, ribbon, flagged strips and a gold embossed inchie


 For our second card I decided to feature corrugated paper.  I chose a kraft piece and made six pieces out of it.  I tore the first two and found it a bit difficult to managed so I used my wavy cutter to make the last two cuts.  Worked out well!!  I chose some card fronts and added coordinating backgrounds.  I assembled my corrugated element next.  I added the ribbon securing the ends on the back using double sided tape and then added the three gold brads.  I embossed and trimmed the decorative strips and overlapped them a bit before gluing them together.  I slipped them under the ribbon and secured them to the corrugated with double sided tape.  The little inchies (SU) were all gold embossed - several with greetings and images and some with only an image which are the two I used - a little owl and tiled pattern.  The contrast on the images was better before I coloured them but colouring them added a bit of colour to the card.  It would have worked either way.  The gold embossing nicely echoes the gold of the brads.  Another greetingless card which can be used for a variety of occasions.  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments