Saturday, June 04, 2022

May Card Club (postponed to June 1 ) - Wildflowers, leafy stems, some ribbon and a button


 May Card Club was postponed for a week due to my father's passing.  We got together in June instead and it was really nice to be back together creating!!  
This is the first card I created!!  I die cut some wildflowers and leafy stems from decorative paper that coordinated with my chosen backgrounds.  I used my slot punch to cut two openings in my background paper which I had reinforced with a piece of cardstock adhered to the back.  I slipped the ribbon loosely in the slot and arranged my die cuts until I was happy with the arrangement and then glued them down.  It is a bit finicky to get them all arranged and glued down.  We were grateful that the glue dries clear and because this was our first card there was enough time for all the glue to dry before they had to be packed up to go home.  The ends of the ribbon were secured to the back using double sided tape and then decorated back ground was glued to our card fronts.  We woved our small ribbon into the holes in our button to leave the two ends opposite each other so they could be neatly double knotted.  The button is a die cut which I cut from decorative paper that had been reinforced with cardstock.  Without a greeting it makes a nice card for several occasions!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments