Monday, October 31, 2022

Birthday card - mushrooms with a fun greeting, a bit of brown raffia and some ribbon


 This is my card for my second card exchange partner!!  A very different look using another mushroom (digital - Pixabay) image which I colour printed and trimmed out of the large sheet.  I left a lot of room around this one so I could add the raffia and added a bit of watercolour to remove the starkness of the white cardstock.  The brown raffia was embellished with brown and red ink to coordinate better with the background.  I wrapped the raffia around my mushrooms after I had added some paper piercing with my pattern tracing wheel.  A bit more texture was added by applying 3 eyelets to the top right corner.  I layered this element to a kraft rectangle and distressed all the edges.  I trimmed the background, added a length of red ribbon and mounted it to my large dark brown card.  The mushroom focal element was added to my card using 3D foam tape.    It is off to my partner in today's mail!!  Therese 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments