Thursday, February 16, 2023

Custom birthday card with a dictionary page background and a watercoloured book shelf with ribbon


 I made this card for a friend who has a special person in her life celebrating a significant birthday!!  This person is an author and loves to read and books!!!  I found this wonderful book shelf (Pixabay) which I watercoloured after adding a font greeting.  I trimmed the bottom edge with scallop decorative scissors and used a push pin to pierce each scallop.  I ran my pattern tracing wheel on the other three sides.  I added green ribbon that coordinated with the fern border and tying a short piece to the length to simulate a bow.  I dug through my dictionaries for creating (they are falling apart) and found the words wonderful and woman that perfectly framed my image.  I trimmed the dictionary page and layered it with background paper that contains letters.  I adhered the background to a blue card and added the book shelf image using 3D foam tape.  Two great cards to celebrate significant events in life!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments