Thursday, February 16, 2023

Valentine's card featuring a serendipity background, an embossed strip and a fussy cut heart

This is my Valentine's card for DH.  I did get it done on time.  I am just slow at getting it onto my blog.  I started with a deep maroon card and then created this fun collage background using a scrap of hand decorated paper to which I glued a variety of paper scraps.  I then added some tissue paper which I had coloured to give a bit of red to the background.  It did not show up as much as I would have wanted so I used a deep red stamp pad and just touched the surface once it was dry.  Perfect!!!!!!  I trimmed a strip of red and embossed it with a heart embossing folder (CB) and layered it with gold paper before adhering it to my card.  The heart is from a clipart site and I added the Always before printing it.  I fussy cut it, used a black marker on the edges and then coloured it to coordinate using gold shimmer paint for the heart and red watercolour for the banner!!!  I used 3D foam tape to adhere it over the red strip!!  We had a good meal at home and played my favorite board game - Carcassonne!!  We will go out on the weekend when it is not so busy! Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments