Thursday, February 16, 2023

All Occasion cards featuring paper pieced backgrounds and little watercoloured images


 I had started sorting pieces for these kits for my last card making class at the end of January and this past week I finally cut all the extra pieces I needed and got the cards made up.  It always goes so much faster when some of the pieces are already to go and card kits are fastest.  Quick and easy cards in minutes.  With every thing cut and ready to go I got these done fairly quickly.  The colouring takes the longest time but I love the process so that is what I do for the sheer joy of watercolouring.   The little potted plant is from Craft Starters - I recently bought a variegated snake plant so I added some different colours to the leaves to replicate the look.  More depth and dimension and therefore a bit more interesting!!!  The little cupcake is from Black Berry Jelly Digitals.  I watercoloured it to coordinate and then added a little clear glitter to the sparkles and the flower centers.  The Canada Geese are from Arthurs Clipart (no longer on line).  I used a diamond format and left them black and white.  The little cup is a stamped image which I acquired in an image swap and do not have credits for it.  I watercoloured it red to contrast nicely. It is layered with a brown scalloped circle (Nestibilities).  So a few more cards for my stash!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments