Saturday, February 04, 2023

Quilting - a beautiful blue floral casserole carrier

I brought home scraps from out sorting for the fabric sale on Thursday and was able to piece a new casserole carrier from one of them.  The blue floral is beautiful!!  My Mom would have loved it!!!  It is a piece of quilted cotton with fiberfill.  I had to trim and piece to get a 22" square.  I dug through my stash to find fabric for the inside.  This navy with little white polka dots was the final choice.  I trimmed a piece to cover when I joined my pieces (22" x  2") and stitched it on with green thread.  The inside had to be pieced as well to make a piece large enough.  I made it 24" and used it to bind the edges like I do the QAYG potholders.  I made the handle (22"x 3.5") and the loops (1.5" x 6") from the navy polka dot fabric.  I added several rows of quilting parallel with the strip on the floral side and then bound the outside edges.  I stitched the handle ends to opposite corners by folding over the end and then stitching a rectangle with a cross through the middle.  I folded the loops in half, folded the ends over and stitched them into the other two corners with the same rectangle with a cross in the middle.  I stitched them about 2" from the corners.  As you can see in the photo below this carrier is reversible.  It is a very versatile design that is fairly easy to sew up.  I am very happy with how this one turned out!!!  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments