Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Slow Stitching - little embellishments for handmade cards - stitching and fabric shapes


 I continue slow stitching fabric embellishments for cardmaking!!  You can check out my previous ones which combine stitching, fabric shapes and Inktense watercolour. These ones feature fabric shapes which I cut from scraps. For my first card, I cut a heart from a pink floral fabric and stitched it to my ivory square which I found in my stash of precuts.  I stitched it on with blue thread and added tiny yellow stitches all over the inside.  I added this element to a layer of interfacing using pink embroidery thread.  I added a layer of iron on interfacing to the back to keep the piece square.  I used the same pink thread to stitch it to the front of a blue card which will allow it to be removed and added to another project by the recipient.    For my second card, I cut three little cup shapes from a bright fun fabric scrap.  I pinned them to my ivory square in a pleasing arrangement and then stitched them in place using pink thread.  Next, I proceeded to add stitching in black thread to create the stems, leaves, definition in the body and some french knot to simulate the stamens.  I stitched it to interfacing using pink thread and used the same thread to stitch it to the front of a pink card.   I did stabilize the horsehair interfacing with a piece of iron interfacing on the back.  I am really liking these cards and have a little stack of them ready to be stitched.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments