Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Large all occasion card featuring a watercoloured swan over a paper pieced background in warm blue tones


I have started on my cards for next month's special occasions for my family.  I started by creating a paper pieced background using scraps of warm blue papers.  I trimmed all of them into stripes and glued them next to each other in an X pattern on a scrap piece of bond.  I used a zigzag stitch stamp and light aqua ink to add lines of "stitching" to each joint in the pattern.  Love how it looks!!  I added a length of light green ribbon across the trimmed background before adhering it to a large warm blue card front. I chose a beautiful swan image (CLKER) which I laser printed on white cardstock and then watercoloured.  I ran my pattern tracing wheel around all the edges and then layered it onto an extra wide coordinating layer.  I added a scalloped border (SU) on the right and then used my score tool to emboss four lines.  I used a 1/16" hole punch to add holes to each scallop.  I adhered the image over the background using 3D foam tape.  I have used this technique before and it was nice to revisit it!!
Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments