Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May Card Club - Card #3 - all occasion cards featuring a punchy balloon with a string over a decorative background


This was our last card for the evening.  I punched these little balloons from a decorative strip of watercolour paper to which I had applied a variety of liquid acrylic inks in very vibrant colours.  I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to fairly easily punch the watercolour paper.  After, punching a good little pile in a wide variety of colours I decided to mount them to coordinating layers of cardstock.  I choose a variety of sizes and colours.  I embossed the smaller one and sometimes trimmed or embellished the larger one  - added paper piercing on the middle card.  I tied the black thread to the balloon with a double knot and then mounted it to my layered cardstocks with 3D foam tape.  I adhered my backgrounds to my card fronts and then added my little balloon as suited my fancy.  We had a fun creative evening!!  This group always makes these kits their own and find ways to combine the pieces to make their cards unique!!  We will be back together in September after a summer break!!  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments