Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May Card Club - Card #1 - all occasion cards featuring embossed and sanded background with ribbon and a small image


It was great to get back with my friends for a cardmaking evening!!!  For our first card, I started with  some embellished mesh which I created a while back using stamps and a variety of different colours of embossing powders including yellow, blue, pink, and metallics.  It was a fun creative time and I had quite a few pieces when I was finished.  I cut them up to make an accent layer on the cards for these kits.  I combined them with a coordinating piece of white core cardstock which I trimmed to layer nicely on a regular card in a coordinating colour.  We trimmed the outside edge the white core cardstock in a wavy pattern and then embossed them.  Next we sanded the embossing which reveled the white core and then added a bit of distressing to the outside edge with our sand paper or the distress tool.    We trimmed our mesh to have a wavy edge as well.  We used double sided tape to adhere the mesh to the white core piece and then added our ribbon which we tucked to the back and secured with double sided tape.  This large element was adhered to the front of our card.  I had provided a wide variety of images - both embossed and printed and let them choose the ones they wanted.  For these two - on the left a silver embossed flower which was fussy cut and then watercoloured to coordinate.  For the right one, a stamped bouquet of roses (SU) which I watercoloured to coordinate, trimmed with a wavy edge and then added paper piercing with my pattern tracing tool.  Might have been better to use a push pin to get a more even line but it worked out reasonably well.  I mounted my images to my card fronts using 3D foam tape.  These cards are colourful and have a lot of texture!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments