Wednesday, February 14, 2024

GA - Sewing - black guitar fabric apron and to sets of potholders

       

 I volunteered to do some sewing for the Gramma  Link Africa group and the Fabric Sale coordinator brought in this fabric - black guitars on a textured blue background.  I offered to make an apron and coordinating potholders.  I was not sure how much fabric there was.  I made an apron and two sets of potholders and there was rectangle left.  Not sure what I could make with it but I will think of something. 
 I used this Instructables tutorial for the apron.  It has measurements for both an adult and a child apron and it is relatively easy to do.  I had made two before so I have the pattern for the armhole facing ready to go.  I just drew the lines I needed on the back of my folded fabric and cut it out.  Then cut out the facings and made up a long tie.  Great instructions!! 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments