Monday, April 23, 2007


Have not had my birthday yet but that wonderful guy I am married to bought me a Cuttlebug as an advance birthday gift!! Yeah!! I had already purchased the Divine Swirl embossing folder because I just loved it when I saw cards appearing on blogs with the embossed cardstock!! Had the thought this past week after my polished stone class that the metal tape would be perfect in the DS embossing folder!! It most certainly is!!!!!! This metal tape is sold in hardware stores for repairing heating ducts but check out the garage or basement before you go out and buy some!! I just cut the strip to 4.5" and put it through the Cuttlebug in the DS embossing folder! It is self adhesive so it just needed to be applied to the front of the card. It is very sticky so be careful when applying and treat gently to not damage the embossed elements of the tape. The image is silver embossed, watercoloured and layered onto a square of yellow cardstock. I stamped the right hand corner with a SU saying stamp in a coordinating colour.
I expect there are more possibilities for use in the embossing folders so I will keep a eye out for some other interesting options! If you find something, please leave me a comment!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments