Monday, April 23, 2007



On one of my groups, we just had another challenge. The hostess chooses a stamp she finds challenging to use and everyone signs up to play by sending her two pieces of cardstock and a SASE. She stamps them with the image and sends them back. Once we receive our images we have a week to get creative!! This medallion image took a little while to inspire me with a project. This is what I came up with.

I watercoloured my image with colours that would coordinate with the flowers I had chosen for the inside - a rak that arrived a couple of weeks ago. I cut out the image close to the outside edges and then cut it in half. Scored my mustard cardstock to accommodate the one half and folded it in. Doubled the measurement and scored again for the other half of the front. I trimmed the second flap to exactly meet the first. I "speckled" it with ink. I glued the image halves to the two flaps then trimmed the top edges and highlighted all the edges with ink. I used a push pin to mark the center of the image through to the back. I layered the flowers onto a gold brad and inserted it into the hole and spread the tangs on the back. I trimmed the center of the images with a punch to accommodate the brad then tucked the flaps under the head of the brad. To hide the brad tangs on the back I layered two punched daisies over them.

Very happy with my creation!! Today I emailed the scan to all the participants. I am always amazed how everyone comes up with such creative projects with the same image!! So much fun to do and such great inspiration for the hostess who actually owns the stamp!! We all get to keep our creations so it is a low cost bit of fun!! Highly recommend this to all of you to do within your groups - online, stamp clubs or just some friends who get together to stamp. Look forward to seeing your art on your blogs!!


Therese

Mixed Media Market
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediamarket/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments