Sunday, October 14, 2007

This card features a handmade panel of decorative paper!! I made several sheets then cut them up - sort of a stamping serendipity collage!! On ivory cardstock I started with Caramel Chalk Memories which I clear embossed. Added more leaves in various fall colours with pigment ink and clear embossed. Did the scrolly leaf last and clear embossed it as well. Then I just watercoloured the page with fall colours until I was happy with the overall look! Once dry, I wiped off the watercolour off the clear embossing. Laid the whole sheet over a white piece of 20lb bond and heated with an iron from the back. This melted the embossing powder from the cardstock into the bond paper!! I got this step from the Pressing out the Details technique that was showcased a few years ago. Really love the look. Once they were all cut up into long rectangles it was just a matter of finding coordinating layers and cardstock. Added an ivory ribbon with a small gold maple leaf charm attached with a brad!! Really like creating my own decorative paper. Usually try to remeber to scan the pages before I cut them up so I can use them in my digital collages but I think I forgot to scan these before they were all cut up! Next time!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments