Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Art - more Christmas cards!

More Christmas cards!! I had a cardmaking session on Wednesday morning and we made these two cards. Some were experienced card makers but most were newbies. Everyone did very well and were pleased with the cards they made. I made an effort to have cards that did not require too many tools or extras being as the group was quite large.
The snowflake card has an embossed snowflake layered onto coordinating cardstock along with a layered oval greeting. These are layered onto a snowflake embossed layer then onto a coordinating cardstock. I added a clear rhinestone brad in the middle for a little bling and it was just enough to make it sparkle just a little!!
The angel card has a few more layers but was mostly just gluing layers into place. I created the music background paper using a scanned sheet of music that I reduced in colour and added "Gloria - angels on high" in a very elaborate font. Once they were laser printed I colourwashed the sheets with walnut ink. I also very lightly colour washed the white cardstock that I stamped the angels on so it would all coordinate. I layered a strip of brown and then a ribbon onto the music background paper. The paper and brown cardstock are trimmed to the edge of the card and the ribbon is tucked around both sides and secure on the inside with double sided tape. I mounted the angel image (SU) on 3D foam tape to give the card a bit more dimension. The greeting was stamped in black right on the front of the card.

That is the end of Christmas cards for classes! I do have a few leftover from each class that I will use for sending out to friends and family!! I still need to write my newsletter so it can be included with my cards for this year.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments