Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Art - April cardmaking - foil flower

A simple card that uses foil tops from applesauce and yogurt!! Those little foils can be used in your card making in so many ways!! I cut the scalloped shape with my Cuttelbug and a Nestabilities die and then passed them through the Cuttlebug again using a silicone mat (SU) and a Fiskars texture plate!! Worked so well!!!! Also used an embossing folder (CB) to emboss the background paper. The flower is created from sequins. These were donated to me by my sister when she was visiting. The multi pack had one one kind she wanted so left the others to use as I saw fit! The ovals had a hole at one end so I threaded five of them onto a brad to create a flower!! The greeting is colour printed.
Try to find ways of creatively reusing some of the items that you would normally recycle or throw out!! It will leave you more money to spend on art supplies or rubber!!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. That is a very cool idea - love the idea of reusing the foil tops. I never thought about cuttlebugging them. Very unique! I'll have to try it for my next Just stampers card!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments