Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Art - April Cardmaking - punchies

Another card that used supplies that I had sitting around!! I used 1/2", 3/4" and 1.25" punches to punch out the circles from my folder of green scraps!! It was fun to dig through the pile and find greens that coordinated to create these punchy little accents. I used a 1 3/8" punch to create the square for mounting the circle accents. These were then mounted onto a 3 3/8" square. It makes a very striking feature on this card. These could be made in any colour - just pick your scrapbucket and start punching!! I added an INNIE - OUTIE bow at the bottom. These are easy to create and make a bow with small amount of ribbon.

Thrifty tip - INNIE - OUTIE - punch two holes about 1/4" apart for narrow, light ribbon (about 1/2" for wider thicker ribbon). Cut about 4" of ribbon and put the ends through from the front - one end in each hole. Cross them over on the back and bring them back to the front in the opposite hole. Trim the ends!! Quick & easy and frugal on ribbon!!

Therese

1 comment:

Please leave your comments