Fun cards at cardmaking last night!! I cased these from Toni's blog!! I loved the idea of having the clear acetate in the middle of the card!! I made the lavendar one as a sample using my SU scallop border punch but found when assembling that there was little margin for error on attaching the acetate so opted to use decorative scissors instead at the class because it allowed for more room. Very happy with the way these ones worked out. There were some really beautiful butterflies created!!
I sandwiched the acetate - stamped with StazON in black with a butterfly quote - between the cardstock and the decorative paper which makes a nice neat finish. Used double sided tape to attach to cardstock. The butterflies were embossed with metalic embossing powder and were either watercoloured or finished with colour pencils. I did both of these with watercolours. Added just a quarter sheet insert so that the clear strip would be very evident on the card front.
April features Earth Day so I was trying to find ways of being green - using what I have instead of starting with new. The acetate on these cards were cut offs left over from the glitter card I made for Christmas.