Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Art - All Occasions class - border punchie

One of the girls who comes to Card Club brought this idea several months back. It uses the SU scallop border punch to create an embellishment for cardmaking. I expect you could use any border punch!! I cut a 2.75" square of cardstock and centered and punched each side to create a decorative slot!! Each was decorated differently - I stamped a coffee cup with bleach on the brown one, embossed flowers in silver on the pink one, silver embossed candles on the blue one and added layered punchies with a bard to the yellow one. It creates a frame that can be filled with just about anything.
I added a rectangle of embossed cardstock into the slots and a rectangle of scrapbook paper to the front of the card before all the other elements were added. Again, a greeting can be added on the lower right when the time comes to send out the card.
I always enjoy finding news ways of using the tools I already have!! Not sure where the technique originated but thanks to all those who create and share which inspires the rest of us to get at making art!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments