Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Art - All Occasions class - Manhattan flower

Using my newly acquired Manhattan Flower (SU)embossing folder I created some embossed cardstock. Trimmed them to the edge of the rose pattern then trimmed them to fit evenly on the card front. I used silver foil on the black one. The foil is an acquired craft material - the result of a chocolate treat!! I just glued the foil to cardstock, cut to quarter sheet size and embossed it!! The greetings are colour printed to coordinate with the card. I tied a short piece of ribbon into the knot of the longer piece which creates the same effect as a double knot.

THRIFTY TIP: To use up short pieces of ribbon just add them in the knot of another piece to create tails. They do not have to be the same ribbon or the same colour. I save my small pieces in ziplocs and look there first when I am looking for ribbon. You can use a piece as short as 2.5 inches!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments