Saturday, June 18, 2011

Christmas cards - Dasher

The inspiration for this card came from one in an old copy of Paper Creations (Winter 2008) created by Sue Boddis. She had used a Penny Black stamp for the saying and an Inkadinkado reindeer on a gate fold card. I changed up the sketch to suit a regular sized landscape card!!
I created the saying using a "handwriting" font and printed it out. I stamped on Dasher (SU) in blue or brown depending on the card colour (I know, these are both blue because I ran out of brown ones) and added a bit of distressing with the "Sanded" background stamp (SU). I added some sponging around the edges as well. Layered this piece onto coordinating dark colour and added some triangles on two corners in a complimentary colour which helps add "pop"!! Thrifty Tip: To make two identical triangles - take a rectangle and cut it diagonally!! This was then layered onto the embossed card front using 3D foam tape. I created this card using a 4.25" x 11" piece of cardstock so I could emboss the whole card front using a large snowflake embossing folder which will only go into my Big Shot in one direction - portrait!! I added a little snowflake punchie which I will be embellishing with glitter glue!! It adds just that touch of bling which is great for Christmas cards!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments