Saturday, June 18, 2011

Christmas cards - Snowflake tag

Christmas cards!! Yes, I schedule a Christmas card class just before the summer because it is a good feeling to have a head start on a project that often gets delayed and done at the last minute. We all had a wonderful morning being creative and chit chatting all while we were making our cards. Most went home with them completed!!
I used decorative cardstock (Mind's eye), a colour printed greeting (digital stamp of my own creation), and a small round tag embellished with a snowflake punchie on the front of this card. The greeting is attached with 3D foam tape which adds dimension to the card and it easily hides the ends of the tag's string without making any bumps!! A bit of glitter glue in the center of the snowflakes echos the glitter in the paper!!
The decorative cardstock used on the right hand card was originally just white glittered snowflakes on a baja breeze background. Compared to some of the other papers I had picked for this design/sketch, it was a bit plain so I decided to jazz it up a bit. I stamped some music notes in olive between the rows of snowflakes. The ink that stamped over the glittered snowflakes easily wiped off and in the process gave the paper a bit of a distressed look. Thinking it could use yet a bit more punch I stamped some small poinsettias in red - just what I was looking for!! The sheet of paper was now similar in feeling to the others I had picked out!! There were several other sheets that I picked out that were a bit plain so I added stamped images (used a fun foam stamp) and some glittered shapes to jazz them up!! They turned out great!!
Thrifty Tip: We all have some decorative paper that is collecting dust at the bottom of the box because they are plain or uninteresting and always get passed over. Dig them out and alter them. Add some stamping in a couple of coordinating colours, a bit of glitter or glittered embossing powder, a colour wash or two. It will jazz them up and allows you to even customize them to suit a specific project!!
So, with a few of these added to the stash, I am closer to my goal of having my Christmas cards finished by the beginning of November.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments