Saturday, June 18, 2011

Christmas cards - snowflake butterfly

I have found this saying on several cards in my internet blog travels lately!!
I colour printed it onto the front of my white card. The frame is two layers. The first is colour printed paper which was needing a bit of a lift so after my success with altering the cardstock I decided to see what I could do to spruce it up a bit. I chose two different snowflake full page backgrounds which I created a while back using snowflake fonts and printed them in two different colours over the less than impressive paper!! Perfect!! It created paper that so perfectly complimented this saying!! I glued the paper to lightweight cardstock to add a bit of colour and some weight to enable it to be dry embossed as well. I used the largest of my ovals (Nestabilities) to cut out the center portion to create a frame that allows the saying to show through and then ran it through the Big Shot using a snowflake embossing folder!! Maybe a little over the top but I like the look!! Sponged a bit of ink onto the card front before gluing down the frame. Added a coordinating snowflake and embellished it with glitter glue. Stickles is a great glitter glue if you are looking to buy your first bottle. Check out your local discount store as well. Don't know which colour to buy?? Iridescent is good choice because it goes with pretty much everything!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments