Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cat card


I have been working on a set of cards to give a good friend who has been taking care of my garden (four tomato plants, some herbs and an orphaned spruce tree) over the last few months.  I so appreciate her willingness to help me and really wanted her to know it.
This is the first card I made.  I received both images in swaps years ago and always thought they would go well together.  I trimmed the stamped image of the cat (unknown) and used a black permanent marker to add a nice layered look to the edge.  I trimmed the fish bone background (Magenta), layered it onto red and then added it to the black card front.  I glued the little laser printed greeting that I found in my stash to the back of the cat image and glued it to the front of the background.  I really considered colouring the image but in the end decided I liked the simple look of black and white with one colour.
I would highly recommend giving all your non cardmaking friends some handmade cards!!  They are useful creative gifts which can give as a unit or sending along to their family and friends!!  It is a win-win gift!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments