Sunday, June 16, 2019

Birthday card featuring a tea set, a font greeting and a great colour scheme


I made this card for my sister for her birthday!!!  We are twins and are now living closer than we ever have before.  We see each other more often but not as much as we expected considering the much closer distance.  I will have to make an effort to drop a few commitments so I can have more time with her.  I chose a large envelope and created a green card to fit inside.  She is a tea person so I thought this digital image from Anne's Card 4U would be most appropriate. I added a font greeting and printed it on white cardstock, trimmed it out of the sheet and watercoloured it in pink and green.  My most favorite colour scheme and one she really appreciates as well.  I coordinated the colours with the papers I had chosen for the background and added some paper piercing using my tracing wheel then layered it with green paper.  I added some sponging to my green card to help it coordinate with my green paper, adhered my pink paper to it and then added a pink strip with a flagged end before adhering my layered image to my card front using 3D foam tape.  We will be connecting with her next week as I have a prior commitment for the weekend.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments