Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day card featuring a digital image of a lantern, decorative paper and dimensional paint

I created this card for DH for Father's Day!!  I found this image on Anne's Cards 4U site.  On her image the handle was cut off and I thought it would look funny on my card so I did a little digital magic and created a handle with a section of the handle that was there by digitally cutting and pasting it. It required only a slight bit of clean up and looks very good!!!!!!!!
I started with a large envelope and created a dark green card to fit inside.  I trimmed a piece of scrapbook paper and adhered it to my card front.  I laser printed the digital image of the lantern along with a font greeting onto white cardstock and watercoloured it to coordinate with my card.  I added texture with my tracing wheel to the edges, used my distress tool to rough up the edges a bit more and then added some gray watercolour as well to age it a bit.  I loved the glow of the lantern so I added clear dimensional magic to the globe to give it the look of glass.  Love how that turned out.  After it was dry (overnight) I added my image to my card front using 3D foam tape. 
It has been a bit of a stretch to created these cards.  I have used larger images and more bold colour schemes!  It has been fun and I will continue to challenge myself to add a bit of the unexpected to my cards!!           Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments