Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's day featuring a funny digital, some watercolour and bright background paper

 This card is for our son in law for Father's Day!!  I am stretching my creative muscles and going out of my comfort zone with images and paper. 
I thought this image was funky!!  It is my Anne's Cards 4U.  I chose a large envelope and made a dark blue card that fit inside.  I added the fun party background paper, trimmed it and glued it to the card front.  I printed the digital image with a font greeting onto white cardstock, trimmed it out and watercoloured it.  I added a faux stitching border, a small piece of coordinating ribbon and adhered it to my card front using 3D foam tape. 
I am usually much safer and coordinating with my images and colour choices so in an effort to stretch my creativity I decided to be a bit bolder.  I used the red flag and the blue bag to echo the colours in the background paper.  I used a clear gel pen on the metal and glass parts which adds a bit of shimmer which works well.          Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments