Friday, March 31, 2023

Slow Stitching - little fabric embellishments for handmade cards - bright rose and another heart


 I just finished another couple of slow stitched fabric embellishments for cardmaking.  For my first one, I used several batik fabrics to create a layered rose with leaves.  I layered an orange hand cut circle over a yellow one and then these two over a deep pink one.  I trimmed two half leaves from green and pinned them into place before adding my rose.  I stitched the leaves in place with black embroidery thread and then added the rose overlapping them.  I started in the center of the rose and used a running stitch to adhere all the layers to my ivory layer.  I reversed the running stitch to make a solid line.  I added this little piece to a piece of horsehair interfacing using a coordinating embroidery floss.   I used a small piece of iron on interfacing on the back of the horsehair to stabilize it.  I stitched my little creation to a dark green card using the same pink thread.  
For my second card, I stitched a pink hand cut heart to a small precut ivory scrap using pink thread and then filled it with stitching in blue, pink and yellow thread.  I added the little square to interfacing using blue thread and stitched it to my green card front using the same thread.  
You can check my other fabric embellishments here and here.  
Having fun with these and look forward to getting a few more made!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments