Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Art - Card exchange

Made this little card for my Card Club card exchange the other night. I was thick into my prep for my cardmaking session and was inspired by one of my designs to create this one. The white on the front is clear cellophane printed with white. The cello is covered with a collage of images included hearts, flowers and script!! Bought the roll for a $1 at Dollarama last fall sometime. It has so much potential for collages and other pieces. I freehand cut this image from the sheet along with a few others. I have layered it onto silver which in the scan looks black. I traced the heart from the front to make an impression on the silver and free hand cut out the heart out of the silver so the red cardstock would show through. I love the transparency of the cello and it worked out just as I had intended. I attached the cello and silver layer to the card with four silver brads. I made a little pocket on the inside and included a few images for playing!!

Could be a quick and easy Valentine's or anninversary card!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments